Dr Sangeetha Madhu
CHILD was founded by Sangeetha Madhu, a clinical psychologist with 13 years of experience in the field of mental health. She is supported by a team of psychologists trained in psychological assessment and psychotherapy. She is supported by a team of psychologists trained in psychological assessment and psychotherapy.
Profile of Sangeetha Madhu
· M Phil from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences Bangalore (NIMHANS).
· PhD from, The Tamilnadu MGR Medical University on ‘School Refusal Factors and its psychosocial concomitants ‘.
· A practicing clinical psychologist and Director of Chennai Institute of learning Development (CHILD) & The National Sports Medicine Centre, Mylapore, Chennai.
· Formerly Asst professor of clinical Psychology at, Child Guidance Clinic, Institute of Child health and Hospital for children, Egmore, Chennai.
· Areas of interest –Child and Adolescent Mental health, Psychometric Services and Corporate Counseling. Conducts mental health related programs, psychometric services and corporate counseling for various reputed organizations, as under mentioned.
· Trustee in International Foundation for crime prevention and victim care , NGO working in the area of prevention of Domestic Violence against women and Children.
· Former Trustee in SERFAC (Service and Research Foundation of Asia on Family and Culture) an NGO working with families.
· Her paper on Career Anchors of Engineering trainees, ‘matching individual and Organizational needs’ – January 2005. was awarded the ‘Best paper Award at the Annual conference of the ‘Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists’ held at Coimbatore
Partial list of clients include:
· Infosys Technologies Ltd and other IT Companies.
· Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals (Chennai)
· Malladi pharmaceuticals Ltd (Chennai)
· PPC World Wide ( Bangalore)
· Technip India Limited (Chennai)
· DLF Ltd (Chennai)
· Zeitgeist Ltd (Bangalore)
· Amrutanjan Health Care Limited (Chennai)
Dr. Gayathri Deepak is an educationist committed to best practices in education, who strives to enable schools to evolve into learning communities that foster excellence through individual and social change.
· M.Sc, PhD. (Human Development)
· Qualified in UGC NET for JRF and Lecturership
· Completed CIDTT (Cambridge International Diploma for teachers and Trainers) with Distinction in all four modules
· Has worked in various roles including Researcher, Lecturer, Teacher, Teacher Trainer, School Advisor and Principal.
· Has worked with multiple curricula
· Has extensive experience with CIE International Curriculum
· Has worked as whole school leader overseas and in India in highly reputed, accredited schools, offering CIE curriculum from Year 1 to 13 (Grades 1 to 12).
· Was Chairperson of committees for the CITA (NCA) and CIS Self-Studies leading to accreditation by these leading international bodies
· Has led schools to gain British Council’s International School Award.
· Has delivered several workshops and training programmes for hundreds of teachers
· Has delivered modules of CIDTT to teachers and school leaders.
· Passionate about empowering educators to become reflective practitioners and empowering children, adolescents and young adults to realize their true potential and blossom into responsible, caring, empathetic individuals
Dr Aruna Balachandra retired as Reader Department of Psychology, J.B.A.S.College for Women. She has over 30 years of experience in teaching Psychology and guiding students in research.
· PhD- Presidency College, University of Madras on The psycho- social correlates of shyness among female college students
· Areas of specialization and interest - Counselling and Guidance, Developmental Psychology, Health Psychology and Assessment.
· Edited latest edition of Bhatia and Craig’s Elements of Psychology and Mental Hygiene for Nurses in India, II edition, Universities Press( India) Private Ltd, 2008
· Member of the Executive council of Bala Mandir Research Foundation
· Former Hon Project Officer, Children Assessment Centre, S.I.E.T.; Member Board of Studies in Women’s Christian College; Ethiraj College for Women; University of Madras
· B.A. Psychology and MSc. Applied Psychology with a specialization in Guidance and Counseling, from Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed Women’s College
· M.A. Clinical Psychology from West Chester University, Pennsylvania (U.S.A.) in Dec. 2005.
· Worked as a Mental Health Professional in a division of Northwestern Human Services, at West Chester, Pennsylvania
· Worked as a Mental Health Outpatient Therapist at Life Guidance, also a division of Northwestern Human Services
· Worked as a counselor for special children as well as their parents, at Vidya Sagar (formerly The Spastic Society of India), Chennai
· B. Sc. Psychology, Ethiraj College for Women (Autonomous), Chennai
· M.Sc. Psychology (Clinical), Christ University, Bangalore
· Experienced in working with child, adolescent and adult clinical populations
· Wrote a qualitative research paper on “The Experience of Motherhood in Alcoholic Families”
· Psychotherapy with populations presenting with depression and anxiety
· Co-authored ‘The Beanbag Psychologist’ column in The Hindu in School and the “Young Minds” Column in New Indian Express
· Program Manager, CHETANA- Centre for Holistic Empowerment of Teachers, Children and Adolescents.
· Bachelor of Science, Psychology Presidency College (Autonomous), Chennai, India (2010)
· Master of Science, Psychology (Clinical), Christ University, Bangalore, India (2013)
· The ‘Spirit Award’ winner, The Young India Fellowship Programme (An International Foundation of Research and Education, India – School of Engineering and Allied Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, United States of America collaboration) (2011 - 2012)
· Research scholarship on independent research papers titled ‘Occupational Mental Health Hazards of Female Sex Workers (2010)’ [Acknowledged as the ‘Best Paper’ at the Annual National Conference on ‘Interface of Psychology and Human Resource Management] and ‘Hyper-ghettoization, Anomie and The State – Exploring the Narratives of Children Trafficked for Prostitution (2012) [Acknowledged in the Times of India, Mysore Edition, November, 2012 for novel workshop for psychosocial rehabilitation of children of trauma]’
· Co founder, instrumental in christening, nurturing and encouraging CHILD since its nascent stage of inception and development
· B.A Sociology(Allied- Psychology) from Stella Maris college, Chennai
· M.sc Applied Psychology(Organizational behaviour and Counselling and Guidance) from Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed Women’s College,Chennai
· M. Phil Applied Psychology from Women’s Christian college,Chennai
· Advanced training in Counselling Technology.
· Responsible for the corporate wing –COPE - Counselling for Organizational and Personal Enrichment.
· Conducts assessments for children and adolescents; works with CHILD’s wing for promoting mental health in urban schools as part of the emotional literacy program